Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why am I eating like this? Why am I taking all these supplements?

Well to start off im on a keto diet which means as low carbs as possible sun-fri. I dont eat any source of direct carbs the only carbs i take in are indirectly through like nuts and veggies. I eat about 1,700 calories on non lifting days and about 1,900 calories on lifting days. On sat I get a refeed which my diet is made up of 70% carbs 15% fat and 15% protein. I eat an unusally high amount of calories and carbs to shock my bodies metabolism and lead to an increase in fat loss. Usually around 1,000-1500 grams of carbs alone in 10 hours. I feel that the refeed is one of the best methods of burning fat. I can add over 10 pounds in one day(mostly from water) and 5 days later I weigh a pound less then I did before the refeed. During the week the rest of my diet is made up of fat and protein. I take about 12,000mg of fish oil a day to increase my fat intake. Its also been shown that fish oil helps your heart, your joints and if it is dosed high it can help with fat loss. I take 6,000mg of CLA a day which is a fat that is found in meat and fish but most diet lack. CLA has been proven to aid in fat loss. The lipolyze is a non stimulant calorie expenditure agent which means it releases calories in the form of heat. The somalyze helps you sleep better and also releases calories in the form of heat. The ZMA is zinc magnesium asparate and has been shown to increase your testosterone and help you sleep better. The yellow bullet is a stimulant/fat burner. And the vpx products that I use are pre and post workout supplements that contain no carbs but 20g of protein and amino acids in each one. They also have creatine and beta-alanine. I use them because I feel that they all have a place in my diet right now. When I switch over to a bulking diet Ill drop all the fat burners and lower my fat intake but for now im loosing 1-2 pounds a week and feeling great.

If you ever need help with your diet or training feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment